We could not do this without your participation as either a cyclist, volunteer, spectator, or sponsor!
Final details for the Chip Timing are underway! We appreciate Sportstats for assisting us again with our specific needs for this crazy event where adjustments are given for the number of donuts eaten!
We have also been in communication with Goal Zero regarding the silent portable power to run our computers and sound system. They are going to let us demo a Yeti 1000 with a Briefcase 100 watt solar panel! Last year we demo’d 2 Yeti 400’s with solar panels! We should have no problem powering the event this year!
A couple of other details to be considering:
1. Registration will close at 5 PM on Friday, August 24. Get registered before then! https://utahtourdedonut.org. We will have day of registration, but online registration is preferred.
2. When you check-in, Saturday morning between 6:30 AM and 7:45 AM, be aware that we will have a physical liability waiver for you to sign. This is for the Utah Department of Transportation and is different than the one you electronically signed as part of your registration.
3. Now is the time to make final preparations with your gear – bike, helmet, water bottle, and other gear should be in working order. Trek of American Fork will be onsite to assist with small issues before the event as well as during the ride. Please wear a helmet and be mindful of the traffic and other riders around you! We have been good in the past to have minimal accidents, and we want to keep it that way.
4. We are looking for additional pop-up canopies and water jugs. Our riders and volunteers have been great to help us in the past with these items. If you have one or two items you can throw in, so we can have them just in case we need them, that would be great!
5. We will be putting together the SWAG bags on Friday Night for Check-in on Saturday. If we do not have a shirt in your size because you registered after the deadline to guarantee a shirt, we will do a follow-up shirt order.
6. We are holding a Toilet Paper / Food Drive for Tabitha’s Way and will have bins at the event. Help us support this great organization by donating toilet paper / canned food items.
7. We will also accept cash donations for the Five.12 Foundation and Tabitha’s Way. Check out our the Utah Tour de Donut Facebook Page or search for these organizations online to find out more about the great services they provide in helping to fight hunger!
To register or to find out more about our event this Saturday, go to https://utahtourdedonut.org!
Thank you again for your support!
Utah Tour de Donut