Registration Closed for 2019
Stay Tuned for 2020 Event Details!
What to do BEFORE THE EVENT
1. Get Registered – Follow the Links to Get Registered (Individual, Tandem, Team, etc.)
2. Get in Shape – All Prizes are awarded on Adjusted Times. Chances are, you will need to be fast – but it is more important to eat at least one or two donuts (if not more) to have a chance at a podium finish for your division. Riders in the past who have come across the finish line first with their non-adjusted times – usually do not get a podium finish because of the adjustments for the donuts eaten. In many cases – eating one or two donuts would have made the difference from being off the podium to being on the podium.
3. Talk it up – Encourage others who ride a bike to join you in your efforts to support a great cause with a unique event. If you can pull a group of 5 riders together, you can Register as a TEAM! Teams are eligible for Team and Individual Prizes. Even if they do not ride a bike, encourage them to volunteer or be a participant and cheer you and the other riders on. Direct people to our Facebook Page and Main Website so they can follow the details of the Pre/Day Of/ and Post Event notifications!
4. Become familiar with the Route (NEW LOCATION EFFECTIVE 2016)– If you have not ridden our event before, you will want to familiarize yourself with the route. Riding it a few times before the day of the Event will give you familiarity with the route. We will have people around the course on the day of the event to help our riders know where to go…
What to do the DAY BEFORE THE EVENT
1. Make sure your Bike is in good repair.
2. Make sure you wear proper safety equipment
3. Make sure you have your registration information with you
4. Make sure you know how to get to the location of the Event.
5. Get a good nights sleep.
What to do the DAY OF THE EVENT
1. Arrive at the Event Location early: Lone Peak High School – South Parking Lot in Highland, Utah. The event will be staged from the Lone Peak High School South Parking Lot in Highland, Utah. Please park in the west side of the parking lot so we have enough room for the events on the east side of the parking lot. Check-in usually begins around 6:30 and will end around 7:45 AM. If you arrive at the later portion of the Check-in process, you will feel rushed and stressed which might not make for the best ride.
2. A final check of your gear, pin bib numbers on your back, make sure your timing chip is located correctly.
3. Visit Vendor Booths before and after the event! Our vendors provide a lot of monetary support – make sure to support them.
4. Make sure you prepared to eat a donut or two. Even if you choose not to eat a donut, you still need to stop and have your bib marked with a ZERO by one of our Volunteers. This will verify that you completed the route the assigned number of laps.
5. Line up at the START/FINISH Line a little before 7:45 AM and get ready for the Ride. Remember – Three (3) Laps of approximately Seven (7) miles each with stops for Donuts at the end of each lap will make you eligible for the Podium Finish and other prizes available to our Event Participants. Junior Division Riders will only ride the route Two (2) laps and will have one chance to eat donuts.
6. With Chip Timing, your race does not start until you cross the Start/Finish line. So, it does not matter how far back you are, your time will start when you cross the timing sensors!
7. Enjoy your ride – and DONUTS!
What to do AFTER THE EVENT
1. After you have completed your ride, you can cheer on the other riders.
2. We will have a Timed Event this year – so, if you do not complete the Ride in the allotted amount of time, you will not be eligible for prizes – even if you complete the full route. (This will facilitate getting the awards out in a timely manner)
3. Visit the Vendor Booths.
4. Visit with other participants, network, etc.
5. Wait for the Awards Ceremony – each year, we are getting better at the length of time between when the event is finished and when the awards are given out. We hope to improve once again and have worked out many of the bugs that come with integrating Chip Timing with Donut Eating Adjustments. Be patient with us as this is not your typical event!
6. We have several people that take pictures – we love to get copies of these to post to the website. If you have access to pictures, contact us and we will work out a way to give you credit for the pictures you provide to us.
7. Timing Results are usually posted to the website within 24 hours of the event being finalized – stay tuned for announcements about this and pictures after the event.