We are beginning to ramp up for the 2016 Utah Tour de Dount.
Major Changes are in the works, we will list some of them here and then go into further detail in future posts.
1. Change of Venue – We will start and finish at the Lone Peak High School – South Parking Lot in Highland Utah
2. Change in Route – FIVE (5) miles instead of Seven (7) miles. The route will include a downhill stretch and an uphill stretch. Roads and paths are paved and well maintained. (Map of the route will be provided on the website and in future communications)
3. Distance of Event – Past events have been around 21 total miles. We will either go to 20 total miles or 25 total miles. (Four or Five Laps). Still trying to determine if we will add extra donut eating beyond the first two laps…
4. We will add a Junior Division – youth (age still being determined) will be able to ride TWO (2) Laps and finish the race. We will have a Prince and Princess Donut and Podium Finish for top 3 Male and Female riders in that age group.
5. Due to the change in Venue, we will have a fresh set of statistics, new King and Queen Donut, New Record Times for each Division. Other records will stand for the old Venue.
6. Due to the change in Venue, we will also be crossing multiple municipalities and are working through the logistics and coordinating with those involved.
7. In supporting Tabitha’s Way, we are excited to have a Food Drive as part of this year’s Event. We will have a Tabitha’s Way on the border of Pleasant Grove and American Fork which should open in May 2016. All food donated will go directly to the new Tabitha’s Way in American Fork. More details to follow. (Canned Goods will provide donor with extra raffle tickets for prizes at the end of the Event).
As soon as we get some additional details figured out, we will open up Registration through IMAthlete!
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s event! Stay tuned for additional announcements with details as to the items mentioned in this post!
Glenn R Smith, Chair 2016 Utah Tour de Donut